HT1250 Repair Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

medic712
New User

HT1250 Repair Question

Post by medic712 »

I'm trying to replace the battery connector on my HT1250...can anyone tell me how to do this without destroying the radio? Thanks
Al

Re: HT1250 Repair Question

Post by Al »

I'm not trying to be facetious, but if you spend $2-3000 on hot air rework equipment the job's a breeze. Without the equipment, well, let's say it's very iffy whether you'll destroy the pads on the PCB or not, since the battery connection 'block' is an SMT device with the solder pads underneath the block.
Lake Effect

Re: HT1250 Repair Question

Post by Lake Effect »

If this is a personal radio and you have the soldering skills (nothing personal, I don't know what your skill level is) I can tell you how to do it. I have done it to my radio and it works just fine. If you have the replacement connector already, you will see on the bottom that each contact is held in by a small crimp. If you lift the end, the individual contact will slide out. On your radio, if you lift the bottom end of the block you can slide the block off the contacts. Then it is a matter of removing and replacing each bad contact one at a time. Then slide the block back in place. Done.

L.E.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”