XTS25K antenna tightness and carry case questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

XTS25K antenna tightness and carry case questions

Post by JRUTA »

Hi all, Just my XTS2500i and have a couple questions.

I replaced the wide band antenna it came with a more reasonably sized vhf one. I noticed it takes quite a bit of "force" to snug the "boot" of the antenna against the SMA connector on the radio. I don't want to overtighten it, but want to be sure the SMA pin makes adequate contact with the antenna base without damaging anything. So how tight should it be?

Second question, I want to carry it in a protective leather swivel case, but I don't really like the OEM or Boston leather ones available. Instead, I like the design / protection offered by the case made for the HT1550. The radios seem to have similar dimensions. Has anyone ever tried to put an XTS (with slim LiIon battery) into the case made for the HT1550 with large battery?

Sorry for the dumb questions

John
tuckerm

Re: XTS25K antenna tightness and carry case questions

Post by tuckerm »

I always use the A&W Ones from here: http://www.caseguys.net/brands/Motorola.html
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
JRUTA

Post by JRUTA »

Thanks! I like that one MUCH better than OEM. Searched the net and never saw that one.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

JRUTA wrote:Thanks! I like that one MUCH better than OEM. Searched the net and never saw that one.
Myself and other Fire + EMS use it around here. It has held up considerably well.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
JRUTA

Post by JRUTA »

Like it. Ordered. Thanks again

John
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Antenna should be hand tight and snug. Don't try to over tighten as you may damage the pin or strip the thread.
JRUTA

Post by JRUTA »

Thanks FireCpt

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”