gm300 linked repeater

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lancerice
What radios do you own?: GM300's, GM350's, Visar's

gm300 linked repeater

Post by lancerice »

hello, is there a cable that will make 2 gm300's as a repeater, link a third gm300 so that when the repeater is tx'ing the third radio will tx and when the third radio is rx'ing the repeater will tx.

Thanks
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: gm300 linked repeater

Post by thebigphish »

so you want to add a separate link radio into a repeater? yes?
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
lancerice
What radios do you own?: GM300's, GM350's, Visar's

Post by lancerice »

yes that's right if I can
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

I'm looking at this myself at the moment as I need to put a remote repeater linked back to the main site soon. I get the feeling that modifying 2 repeater leads from fleabay should allow for the third wheel. I'm thinking that tapping into the straight remote repeater lead (tx-rx) keeping the main pair cable as is and cutting a "duplex lead" which allows for two-way (allowing for cross-band repeating etc) using one half per site and tapping the rx side to the rx wires of the main harness and tx side to the tx wires of the main harness should do the job. I'm meaning that whilst RX is receiving the TX side of the duplex lead is fired up and when the RX side of the duplex lead (link radio) is fired up the TX radio should fire (hope I'm making sense).

If anyone sees any issues with my logic please let me know as I'm currently planning either GM300/M120 or Philips PRM8010 remote repeater setup and local repeater upgrade/replacement.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”