X9000 codeplug EEPROM map? Anyone have one?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mancow
Batboard $upporter

X9000 codeplug EEPROM map? Anyone have one?

Post by mancow »

I'm looking for a layout of the data in the EEPROM. I'm trying to figure out the address and data info pertaining mainly to the PL/DCS programming but a full map would be great. There are some links on the web to one but it's no longer there. Apparently it's U502 that stores the user codeplug information. I'm trying to figure out what data is shifted out to the microprocessor.
Jim202

Re: X9000 codeplug EEPROM map? Anyone have one?

Post by Jim202 »

mancow wrote:I'm looking for a layout of the data in the EEPROM. I'm trying to figure out the address and data info pertaining mainly to the PL/DCS programming but a full map would be great. There are some links on the web to one but it's no longer there. Apparently it's U502 that stores the user codeplug information. I'm trying to figure out what data is shifted out to the microprocessor.

A few points you may or may not know. If you have the ham version of the software, you can have all 32 of the CTCSS tones put in the multi PL table. This is of course if you replace the original EEPROM with the larger size that takes you from the original factory 32 channels all the way up to 255 channels.

Now another point is that there are 2 firmware proms that have been used. One would allow 64 channel scan that originally came with the radio. The other prom would allow 128 channel scan. The added scan numbers was an upgrade option.

I don't remember where the channel count goes to, but above that number, you don't get mode names that can be programmed. You only get the mode numbers.

Having just moved, all my information is still packed in boxes, so I don't have direct access to my notes. All that I just mentioned should be contained in the information from the Mike B site and the radioreference site.

Jim
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Well in reality all I need is one mode. The plan is to write to the processor in place of the eeprom. I have the synthesize portion working. I can tune it anywhere at will. I was thinking if I could manipulate the Pl /DCS data I could take advantage of the built in decoder and generator instead of having to add a separate bit of software.

I just don't know how the data is presented to the processor from the eeprom. I need to know the register values etc... I'm looking for a map of a code plug showing what data is where within the chip.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I found a ROM map for the Syntor X.

Does anyone know if the format is the same as used in the EEPROM in the X9000?
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

It appears the X and X9000 files are quite different. Surely someone has the layout describing what bits do what. Anyone?

I am trying to build known codeplugs then look at them with the hex editor but that can only get me so far.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”