CP185 Reference Frequency Adjustment

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

topramen
New User

CP185 Reference Frequency Adjustment

Post by topramen »

We've got a couple CP185s in the shop that are slightly off frequency and can't seem to find the reference frequency adjustment in the tuner program, or even physically in the radio.

Anyone have any ideas?
psmitty840
New User

Re: CP185 Reference Frequency Adjustment

Post by psmitty840 »

I realize that I'm the better part of a decade late on this one, but I found this post while having the same problem and figure other people may as well... so I may as well post the solution. There is a metallic sticker on the back of the CP185 case under the battery. That has a ridiculously small pot that will adjust the reference oscillator behind it. You will either have to power the unit with alligator clips or have a battery eliminator you can drill a hole in if you want to adjust it while watching a monitor, otherwise you will have to do blind adjustments and it is VERY touchy.

I hope someone else stumbles across this and it helps. Have a good one all.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”