Monty Sisco's Equipment

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KenAbernathy

Monty Sisco's Equipment

Post by KenAbernathy »

Hey everyone, I am Monty's son, Ken.

Although it has been almost a decade since he has passed, we are only now finally clearing Monty's equipment from the shop... there is a vast amount of service equipment and parts.
Cleaning the mess and sorting has been monumental and is ongoing. We were all set to just take everything to be recycled, however I saw some of his admin papers from batwing/batlabs and also some of his correspondence with the now defunct RHL Comm....
So, in case there is anything of value we decided to check here first.
My mother and disabled brother live on a fixed income, however some serious repairs are being done to the house... so of course the money from the sale of any of my father's things would be a huge aid.

Also are board diagrams he had made right before he passed for his own rib-boxes (programming boxes? I don't know!)

Plenty of parts for them etc....
Just hoping someone is willing to look or request info!

thanks you to all. I hope to hear from you guys soon!
We're located in San Diego, CA

Please email me @
Kenneth.Abernathy@me.com
Or Call/Text

Thanks!!
~Ken
Jim202

Re: Monty Sisco's Equipment

Post by Jim202 »

I am not trying to add to the burden of closing out on a long time radio operation, but as a suggestion, you might want to try and make a list of the service equipment by make and model number your looking to get rid of. that way you might do better in not having to answer each and every email that will come your way. At least with a list, it will cut down on the volume of requests that will probably not come to anything fruitful.

I know when I had to empty out my mother's house after she passed away, it filled up 5 loads of a 40 yard dumpster. She was a collector of all sorts of things that had little or no value. Goodwill and several other places got several loads of goods out of the place. But it took a long time to clean the house out. Like 2 months of almost steady work.

I don't want to be in your shoes to house clean all the goodies that Monty would have collected over the years. He was very well respected and well like here on the Batboard. I for one have greastly missed his comments and help to others in the radio field.

Jim
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

Ken,

thank you for even considering the radio community. Monty was a legend here, a scholar and personal friend to many of us. He will never be forgotten.

I wish I was on that coast to help. Please be patient, many of our members who are will certainly see this and hopefully get in touch soon.

Again, thanks for taking the time to put this out there. I know the tremendous task you have at hand from experience.

Regards,

Erik Bagby
Atlanta, GA
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Monty had many contacts overseas too, if you could post up a list of equipment and some pictures, I'm sure you'd get lots of people interested and willing to help out.

I still have emails from him and he always did things very thoroughly - I'm sure there are lots of people that would love to peruse and buy his test and service gear.

Cheers,
Matt
KenAbernathy

Post by KenAbernathy »

Thanks guys! I will try to put together a list as best I can with my limited knowledge. I was considering breaking down some of the old bay stations and other larger radio equipment for the aluminum so that we could at least recover a little bit of extra cash... I have made a point of salvaging any tools and all of the equipment near his workbench that was plugged in, which was a lot... I am also salvaging strange things of interest, rf tubes, loads of brand new connectors and the heavier gauge cables and antennas... and some odd relics from the past as well. As soon as I have a list, hopefully later this week I will post appropriately.

If any of you know of anyone west coast who could or would come by I would appreciate it immensely.

Pass along my contact info as direct responses help me a ton. I am rarely home between work, remodeling and now the project of sorting dad's stuff...

San Diego, CA

Ken A.
619-990-8302
Text before calling please :)

P>S>
I found all the old posts from his passing... All the love and respect your members showed meant a lot and it got emotional pretty quick. I also shared some of it with my sister... I think it helped put a few things about her father in perspective. Again, Thank you.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hello Ken. We all had much love & respect for your father here on the board. I've changed your status to 'registered user' so your further posts can get posted immediately without needing to be approved by an admin/moderator. Also, this gives you access to post things for sale in the for sale forum, if you wish.

Another board which you may wish to post at is http://communications.support/forum.php as there are a great many Batlabs people there as well. Most still post & read here, but probably not all of them. God bless.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Monty was a friend of mine and helped me out many times. I've also bought radios from him as well. He was one of the best.

As others have suggested, pictures / posting in the FS section will get great results.

Your father was a legend, and is still missed to this day by many.
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

Hello Guys,

I still use an Astro Saber Program cable that Monty made just before he passed away,to this day It works perfect.
He is well missed by many people here on the board and always will be missed.
MrFlashPort

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”