CDM 1250 won't power on

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JMINN

CDM 1250 won't power on

Post by JMINN »

I have a CDM 1250 that won't power on. When the on/off button is first pressed the radio beeps, display stays dead and the radio continues to beep. Pin 2 of the control head connector constantly switches between 0 and 5 volts. TP 0151 is constant 5v. output of U0651 is 5v, U0641 is 9.3v and U0611 is 12v. D0661 cathode is steady 5v as is the DC power on input. On_off control line osc 0-5v. the 16.8 osc is good as is the 7.3724 up osc. Ign. sense makes no difference. The internal fuse is ok and swapping heads makes no difference. Anyone have any ideas?

Joe
Vizwar

Re: CDM 1250 won't power on

Post by Vizwar »

Is this a remote head? If so, I recommend never programming them through the control head since that is how I ended up with dead CDM's years ago. I bought the rear connector programming cable and never again had a failed unit.

Regardless of the above, I also saw lots of control head and remote adapter board failures that behaved the same way. Try swapping the control head with a working unit.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

It doesn't say he tried to program it, and he said he tried swapping the heads already.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
JMINN

Post by JMINN »

I determined that the microprocessor died, don`t know why it just did. I have replaced them before but it is a pain. Found a replacement on Ebay for far less than depot repair, like that would be hard.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”