HT1250 Full Blast SQUEAL

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lfguard10
New User

HT1250 Full Blast SQUEAL

Post by lfguard10 »

Hello all,

I have an HT1250 in very good shape that I just received (used). Everything seems to work fine except for one problem. When you turn the volume full-blast, the audio is barely audible due to a squeal from the speaker.

-The firmware version is R05.03.00.
-I have also tried a fully charged battery, as I thought this was the problem, but it didn't fix it.

Any clues?

Thanks
Al

Re: HT1250 Full Blast SQUEAL

Post by Al »

If you try an external speaker(as in remote speaker-mic) on your HT1250 and the problem goes away then you have a microphonic component in the frequency reference or synthesizer sections of the radio. When the subject component is excited by vibrations from the builtin speaker in the HT you have an unwanted feedback path that results in the squeal that you're hearing.
lfguard10
New User

Post by lfguard10 »

Sorry for the late response..... I tried a speaker mic, but it still squeals.
lfguard10
New User

Post by lfguard10 »

Incase anybody has this problem in the future, it turns out the problem was not ONE bad battery, but also the "fresh" battery I tested it with was bad, as well. Time to order more.
MaxK98
What radios do you own?: Lots of Motorola!

Post by MaxK98 »

non-OEM batteries?
lfguard10
New User

Post by lfguard10 »

No, they are OEM. The batteries were charged enough to be operational, but bad enough to support full blast audio. That was what I suspected to start with. The second battery tricked me haha
sabersco
What radios do you own?: Saber III, HT1250, XTS5K, APX

Post by sabersco »

One of the known problems of this radio is that is the volume knob get hits the volume control get hurt. A the end of the setting (high in your case) the control might be “open” make the amplifier to multiply the volume by infinite thus making a squeal . Try changing the power/volume knob if you can it might fix it.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”