dtr650 private talkgroups

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dvpman

dtr650 private talkgroups

Post by dvpman »

Hi,

I recently got 4 DTR650 radios have to say that so far I'm impressed with them. So the tinkering days are over and need to deploy these units in the workplace but am having a tough time getting the private talkgroup set up. So far I've added the radio ID's of the units and added the group but can't get them toi talk to each other on a private TG only using the public ones.

Over the years I have programmed everything from sabers to APX radios so I can work my way through CPS without to many problems but I am stumpted on this one. Can anyone help?

Mike
Mr.X

Re: dtr650 private talkgroups

Post by Mr.X »

The programming is tricky. It's easier if you have the software or at least the plug-in keyboard.
Go into programming mode
Select Contacts
Select [New Contact]
Type: Private Grp
Channel: Keep the same as all your radios
Group Members: Pick the members you want in this group

You'll need to do this on each radio that you want in this group, and you'll have to make sure the IDs match.
Also, each radio needs to be set to this group (if you want the radio to automatically go back to this group, then set the home group to this new group)
Mr.X

Re: dtr650 private talkgroups

Post by Mr.X »

The programming is tricky.
Did you add the new group on every radio and match the IDs?
Are all the radio channels set to the new group?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”