M1225 wont take programming

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiocat37

M1225 wont take programming

Post by radiocat37 »

I have several M1225 UHF radios that will read and write with M1225 4.0, but they are not really getting written to. The computer shows codeplug write successful, but no actual changes take place. I have never seen this before. Any ideas?? The radio TX and RX are good.

Model: M44DGC90J2AA
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: M1225 wont take programming

Post by SteveC0625 »

radiocat37 wrote:I have several M1225 UHF radios that will read and write with M1225 4.0, but they are not really getting written to. The computer shows codeplug write successful, but no actual changes take place. I have never seen this before. Any ideas?? The radio TX and RX are good.

Model: M44DGC90J2AA
How many channels do you have programmed and how many of them do you have named?

What changes to the codeplug are you making?

Sounds like a memory issue in the radios. That can happen with the 1225's when it is full of channels and channel names.
radiocat37

Post by radiocat37 »

20 channels and 20 named. Its weird because I can actually write back to it the computer shows changes have been made, but they haven't. I can then read the radio and it shows changed information but once again nothing has changed. I have never seen this before. I am using 1225 version 4.0 for XP.
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

radiocat37 wrote:20 channels and 20 named. Its weird because I can actually write back to it the computer shows changes have been made, but they haven't. I can then read the radio and it shows changed information but once again nothing has changed. I have never seen this before. I am using 1225 version 4.0 for XP.
Sounds like you have used up all of the memory in the radio. Try removing some or all of the names and write to the radio. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to delete some channels plus all of the names.

You might also try saving your existing codeplug, and then blanking as much of the radio as possible. Remove all channels except one and all names. If you have any other options programmed, clear them out as well.

The 1225 has very little memory. If you don't use channel names, you can get 24 channels into it. When the memory is full, it does exactly what you are describing.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

You could always change the display type from alias to default and see if the changes take effect then.
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Post by Mikey »

One of the biggest Memory Hogs on the M1225 is the "Talkaround" button. if you have a button programmed for talkaround, delete it.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”