Ht1250 button problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

redneck_1086

Ht1250 button problem

Post by redneck_1086 »

I have a ht1250 ver. 05.09.02 that the programmable buttons wont work. (they beep when I press them and everything checks out on the button test) I have tried reading/writing/cloning etc and cant get it to function as it is programmed to in CPS 06.12.02.
Any ideas?
Al

Re: Ht1250 button problem

Post by Al »

You could help others help you by providing information on exactly which version of the HT1250 that you have...it it the limited keypad version or full keypad version. And exactly which buttons won't work for you, the side buttons or the front buttons(both are programmable)?
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Also what functions are you programming them for and what do you expect them to do that they're not doing?
redneck_1086

Post by redneck_1086 »

Sorry, I was trying to be specific but missed the obvious I guess. The radio is a limited key pad, ALL of the programmable buttons are not working. We have 30 other limited keypad ht1250's that work with the same code plug but this one does not. If it will help I'm trying to program the orange button for scan/nuis delete, top side button for monitor/sticky monitor, second programmable side button for scan/nuis delete and the bottom side button for repeater/unassigned, P1 scanlist/unassigned, p2 light/unassigned, and p3 zone/unassigned.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Are you able to do firmware flashes? It sounds like something may have gotten corrupted in there. I believe that's an older version as well, so it's probably due for an update. You could also try reseating the flex connectors, although from the description that's probably not going to help.
If it still doesn't work I'd suspect a bad controller board.
redneck_1086

Post by redneck_1086 »

Alright, I've played with it a little more and have found that the buttons work if I set it back to the factory code but when I program my code plug in they don't work. I have it working on v5.13.04 and v5.09.02 so what could be the issue?
FYI when I read the radio it actually has v5.09.09 not the v5.09.02 I had originally thought.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

redneck_1086 wrote:Alright, I've played with it a little more and have found that the buttons work if I set it back to the factory code but when I program my code plug in they don't work. I have it working on v5.13.04 and v5.09.02 so what could be the issue?
FYI when I read the radio it actually has v5.09.09 not the v5.09.02 I had originally thought.

I would suspect that the codeplug has some errors in it. Unless the channels have an option for the programmed buttons, that function will not be there. You can try something simple that is easy to set in the channel information. Like set one of the buttons to hi/lo power and make sure the channel is not set for low power. You also need a scan list for a zone your using before scan button will work. The same thing applies to scan add and delete. You need a scan list and a scan button for this to work.

Another button you can try to program is LOCK the keyboard. It doesn't require any channel settings before it will work. Press it once to lock the keyboard and again to unlock the keyboard. You should see a symbol show up on the display when you in the lock mode.

Let us know how this works out.

Jim
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Odd...
You said in the original post that you tried writing and cloning to it. Did you take a working radio, read the codeplug, and then program that into it? If you used an existing file to clone from it may have become corrupted since the other 30 radios were programmed.
If cloning from a working radio doesn't work you could try putting it back to default and then adding the channels and settings from scratch. If you have a lot of channels you can start with a few and see if the problem shows up before adding all of them.
redneck_1086

Post by redneck_1086 »

jackhackett, you are correct I read a codeplug from a working radio and tried to write it to this radio and everything functions correctly except the programmable buttons. I am trying to avoid rewriting the codeplug lol
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Well, it's either the codeplug, the firmware, or the hardware.
Your options are:
Try cloning using a different source radio than you used the first time.
Try updating the firmware.
Try programming from scratch.
If none of those work you're looking at a hardware repair.
redneck_1086

Post by redneck_1086 »

I have found a fix! I had disabled everything from the menu items. Once I enabled scan, zone, rpt/ta, scan list in the menu options it allowed the buttons to work. Still not sure why it was required on only this batch of radios but at least its working now.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”