Leasing Tower Space from Crown Castle

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

Leasing Tower Space from Crown Castle

Post by Jim202 »

I will probably stir up a hornets nest here, but need to ask the questions.

Have any of you on the board had to deal with Crown Castle in trying to lease space on a radio tower they control? If so, how long did it take to get someone from the company to respond?

Once you filled out the application, how long did it take for Crown get back to you for the charge invoice to pay for doing the structural study?

The company seems to be very slow almost to the point of going backwards with customers looking to lease space on any of their radio towers. Not what I would call being very responsive trying to market their products. I know I am not a cellular carrier that makes up the majority of their customers, but is this any way to run a company?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Leasing Tower Space from Crown Castle

Post by escomm »

Just talked to a friend that's been trying to get into an American Tower site for over a year. They won't even call him back. So don't feel bad, it's nothing personal, both companies seem to enjoy defecating on potential customers at any opportunity
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

When it comes to large corporate conglomerates like Crown or ATC, unless you have big billing potential (and multi-site helps there a lot), they tend not to pay attention. They see the "smaller guy" as just a headache and pain in the arse ...always complaining about the littlest of things and not worth the meager monthly lease/rent. Depending on your specific needs, you might want to try to look for a private site (if there are any in your area) and contacting the private owner. The private owners love the opportunity to take customers aware from the big guys.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Yup and I have got flack in the past from a few on this board when I recommend that public safety agencies tell these companies that if they want a building permit, they will allow the agency to have space at the top of the tower for no cost. Been called black mail and all sorts of things like that.

If these companies want to jerk around the public safety agencies that would like to lease space and drag their feet, so be it. When the tables are turned and these tower companies want the tower building permit issued the same week the public hearing is held, let's see what happens.

Maybe it is time that a country wide moratorium is put in place until these companies decide they need to speed up their internal employees and lite a flame under the paper shufflers. It's obvious the top management of these companies don't have a clue what their employees are not doing. That is good money each month they don't have coming in.

Too bad they don't read this board.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

I've been to many ATC sites...not once have I ever seen an ATC vehicle there or anyone at their sites.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

Around here that's the way it works. Oh you want to put a tower in out town ok we want the top. or no tower
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I've always had good luck with American Tower. Maybe the WA/OR rep is more responsive.
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

If you really do have your hearts set a certain site that Crown Castle has operated, I know when in the past I was trying to get someone to contact me about leasing at a site where I couldn't even find out who owns the place, I ended up discovering who one of the lessees and actually helped me with contacting someone.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”