Syntor X9000 PA Repeater?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SlimBob

Syntor X9000 PA Repeater?

Post by SlimBob »

That's PA as in Pennsylvania. Does anyone know anything about these units? It appears to be a 10.7 MHz IF radio with a squelch hybrid and a tone detector, with a Mitrek preselector and channel element. How was it used? What was part of the installation or set? It just appears to be a stand-alone receiver which interfaces like a PAC-RT to the Syntor X9000. I have seen mention of a Spectra being part of the system.
Jim202

Re: Syntor X9000 PA Repeater?

Post by Jim202 »

SlimBob wrote:That's PA as in Pennsylvania. Does anyone know anything about these units? It appears to be a 10.7 MHz IF radio with a squelch hybrid and a tone detector, with a Mitrek preselector and channel element. How was it used? What was part of the installation or set? It just appears to be a stand-alone receiver which interfaces like a PAC-RT to the Syntor X9000. I have seen mention of a Spectra being part of the system.

May I suggest that you do a search on the Syntor X9000 for information. There is a wealth of information available on the Internet on this radio. There are a number of sites with a good amount of information. Batlabs itself does have some information and will point you to some other sites.

If after you do some homework on the subject and still have questions, by all means come back and ask away.

Jim
llu727

Post by llu727 »

It basically was an aux receiver to repeat the portables out on the car/car simplex freq. Something like 159.xxx rx repeated to 154.xx simplex. The portable heard the other mobile direct. It just allowed the officers to carry a VHF portable that could be used to talk to the barracks. (Rather than having a useless UHF portable and PAC-RT if you were nowhere near a car).

Pa is famous for buying super expensive radio toys!

Memory is very hazy on this, but that was the basic idea
Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

So the TX route would be through the Syntor X9000 on the car-to-car channel.

I wonder what the Spectra was used for.
kd5ual

Post by kd5ual »

Washington State used the X9000 Spectra combination and the Spectra was a dedicated receiver
The Spectra used in this configuration had the low power rear housing with no PA board and no power connector
If I remember correctly there was also an X9000-SP99 that was receive only with no PA in the housing
wendell
llu727

Post by llu727 »

Right.. just an in band repeater. I think the Spectra later replaced the X9000 in the same role.

Hopefully someone that worked on these can fill in the details, I worked for Mot in PA, but transferred to another state when this got started. They were still using this as a back up system up until narrowbanding time when they replaced them with APX series

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”