APX O5 Control Head

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dearles
New User

APX O5 Control Head

Post by dearles »

What is the USB port on the back of the control head for and are there devices that use it? 8)
Jim202

Re: APX O5 Control Head

Post by Jim202 »

dearles wrote:What is the USB port on the back of the control head for and are there devices that use it? 8)

Motorola has said that it is for future use. Many people have put their best betting cards on the table and have made the conclusion that it is a pipe dream that there will be any USB support. Guess we will have to see what the future holds. The way Motorola has been doing things the last few years, I too would bet we will never see any use for that port.

Jim
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

That USB provides power for the enhanced keypad microphone when using the rear connector adapter kit. I don't have the part # handy but will look it up later.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

resqguy911 wrote:That USB provides power for the enhanced keypad microphone when using the rear connector adapter kit. I don't have the part # handy but will look it up later.

It may have power on it like you would expect from a standard USB connection, but that was not the reason it was put there.

Jim
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

resqguy911 wrote:That USB provides power for the enhanced keypad microphone when using the rear connector adapter kit. I don't have the part # handy but will look it up later.
ORLY? A part number would be greatly appreciated... I haven't seen this adapter kit.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

U wot m8
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Item Number. 30009487001
CH REAR KPM CABLE
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Jim202 wrote: It may have power on it like you would expect from a standard USB connection, but that was not the reason it was put there.

Jim
But it is a future use (now it's a present use), so do you know what the original intent was if this wasn't it?
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Motorola plans to use it as a USB 1.0 programming interface, just as soon as everything else switches to USB 5.0 :lol:
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

resqguy911 wrote:Item Number. 30009487001
CH REAR KPM CABLE
Item Number. 30009487001

CH REAR KPM CABLE
Unit of Measure: 1 EA
Lead time (days) Available List price
3 Y 249.00

Umm... yeah... $249? Even at dealer cost, this thing is pushing two benjamins... and I need 4 of them. I was hopeful that there was a solution to all my front-plugged mics... sadly, Moto has dashed my hopes yet again.

Anyone have a pinout for one of these beasties?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”