PTT ID (ANI) DTMF vs MDC1200

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eportel6607
New User

PTT ID (ANI) DTMF vs MDC1200

Post by eportel6607 »

Hi guys,

As I'm sure you all know MDC1200 PTT ID will display the ID it's receiving from another radio as long as the "Call List" has the necessary entries to display a proper ID.

I have acquired some other brand radios that don't offer the MDC1200 PTT ID system but both radios will do DTMF PTT ID.
In a Maxtrac I've changed the signaling to DTMF and programmed it for Pre ID and I enabled the "Decode Display" option just like in the MDC1200 setup screen but I can't get the Maxtrac to decode/display any ID from another radio sending it. I know if you the radio had to decode/display an MDC ID of more than two digits it would display "00" so because of this I shorted all IDs to two digits. This Maxtrac doesn't attempt to show any ID regardless of the digits in the ID.

Anybody aware if the Maxtrac/Radius can decode and display the ID its receiving on it's display?
Thanks,
Chris
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Re: PTT ID (ANI) DTMF vs MDC1200

Post by PETNRDX »

I am nearly certain that the Maxtrac and Radius (M208 & M206 sort of Radius, NOT Radius GM300) do NOT do DTMF decode without a special DTMF decode board installed.
I have worked on Maxtrac and Radius mobiles literally thousands of times, and I have never seen one of those DTMF boards.
Wish I had some though.
That would be a nice feature.
As for the GM300, I am not as sure. But I still don't think they did DTMF without an option board either.
Steve K.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Like Steve said requires an option board. For the GM300 it's HLN8375 for 16 ch. radios only, for the Maxtrac I can only find option B20 listed from my old manuals.
eportel6607
New User

Post by eportel6607 »

Ahh. Thanks guys. I was afraid that would be the case. You see I have lots of Maxtrac/Radius low band radios and fourteen VX-5500. I can't seem to find anything that works between both of them. The boards to allow the VX to do MDC is about $80 because they need not only the MDC board but also an "add-on" board. They all do DTMF encoding be none (including the VX) can do decoding/display. It looks like these decoder boards are rare and not likely available for the Maxtrac/Radius anymore. If you can think of any other options for PTT ID please let me know. I'm kind of lost now.
Tito048
New User

Post by Tito048 »

You may check the Zulu encoder , which encodes PTT ID MDC1200 or GE-Star depending the firmware and is USB programable
Al

Post by Al »

Have you checked Midian Electronics(www.midians.com) to see if they offer anything for a wire-in board that will help you?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”