Motorola GTX 800 Power Up ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Satelite

Motorola GTX 800 Power Up ?

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
I just dug out of inventory a couple of GTX 800 Privacy Plus 10/10/10 sytem portables and programmed and tuned up just fine.
But I took the batteries off and let them set id qeuss a couple of weeks no batteries on them.
Finally when the customer showed up to purchase them I put fresh charged batteries on and turned the radios on.
Both portables went through the testing on power up and gave the good alert beep.
But niegther radio would tx to the other for oh id say another 20 to 30 seconds after the good alert beep.
However after that time pasted they both txd and rxd perfectly on simplex radio to radio.
Qeuss I been away from the GTX too long maybe but is this normal for the GTX portable line ?
My thought was maybe the battery had to power up the microprocessor since no battery on radio and that this wouldn't happen if a battery was left on radio charged up but turned off by vol on off control ?
I should have turned the radios off and tried it again after batteries were put on but I didn't give it a thought till later.
Customer said he wasn't concerned with waiting 30 seconds from on to use but im wondering about it myself.
Once on and after the time of say 25 to 30 seconds all is fine on rapid tx to rx etc.
Any thoughts ?
Satelite

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”