IMPRES Battery

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

IMPRES Battery

Post by Jim1348 »

I have an APX7000. I bought an additional brand new battery for it. I have two IMPRES chargers. One is V3.40 and the other one is V3.90. When I insert the new battery in either charger, i t never gets to a fully charges state and shows a green indicator. I have left it on over night. Do I have a faulty battery, two faulty chargers, or do I need to try something else? I might note that the other battery seems to cycle just fine in either charger.
Bigfella237

Re: IMPRES Battery

Post by Bigfella237 »

I think the obvious answer is to leave it sit in the charger longer and see what happens, overnight may not be long enough for an initial charge on a high capacity battery?

Isn't there specific instructions with the new battery on initial charging?

I assume neither of your IMPRES chargers have the display (which tells you the charge state % etc.)?

Andrew
Jim1348

IMPRES Battery

Post by Jim1348 »

Thank you for the reply. It is working now. The highest capacity battery does take a long time to charge.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”