So Who Here Uses A Motorola Smartphone?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

I apologize in advance if this strays too far off topic, but as we all know, smartphones are in essence mini computers with radios in them. I have read and heard from others that Motorola smartphones seem to be the most sensitive, RF wise, compared to Samsung and other phones. So, who here is Motorola loyal even with there smartphone?
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: So Who Here Uses A Motorola Smartphone?

Post by RadioSouth »

Count me in, Motorola G. Not an Apple fan. Had about 40 phones since cellular began, all except 3 Motorola.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

I've had the HTC M8 since it came out, but with the lollipop update its been horrible. Apps crash, keyboard sometimes doesn't pop up, slow, etc. I might go back to an iPhone when my contract is up next June. We'll see what Motorola has to offer then as well. My last Motorola phone was the Razr smartphone like 3+ years ago and I wasn't a fan.
RADIO
New User

Post by RADIO »

Samsung Galaxy S6. the last motorola i had was the Atrix back in 2008
I HAVE NOT FAILED I HAVE FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT DO NOT WORK
gtriever

Post by gtriever »

I had this same conversation with some coworkers a few days ago; the general consensus is that while other brands may have some great features, for audio quality and receive sensitivity Motorola wins hands down. My work phone and my personal phone are both Motorola, and my next phone will probably be the same.
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

gtriever wrote:I had this same conversation with some coworkers a few days ago; the general consensus is that while other brands may have some great features, for audio quality and receive sensitivity Motorola wins hands down. My work phone and my personal phone are both Motorola, and my next phone will probably be the same.
Hey, are you one of my co-workers? Just kidding! The reason I have this on my mind is we switched to Verizon back in March/April of year. I went with a Kyocera Brigadier because of its proclaimed ruggedness. And while I won't necessarily dispute its claim for ruggedness, I noticed last week, while on a road trip with my family, that the Samsungs my wife and son have would be getting solid 4G LTE in places that I was stuck on 3G. And, I don't just mean for a minute or two either. We were on a stretch of interstate, I re-booted, they still had reliable 4G and I would still get 3G until many miles later!

Now, after reading on some phone forums, the Motorolas seem to outperform the Samsungs. RF wise! So, even though my Kyocera works fine most of the time in most of the places I go, I really think my next smartphone will be Motorola.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

Had a Motorola JazzDB back in the day, was a bloody good phone for back then and even better with the blue flashing antenna (unless you were trying to sneak in the dark and some bugger tried to call).

I've not been a fan of anything Motorola ever since. Still have an old bag phone in a keepsakes box here somewhere.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”