O3 Control head flat rate cost? Bricked.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

O3 Control head flat rate cost? Bricked.

Post by d119 »

Bricked an O3 during a firmware upgrade. Won't light up. Powers the radio on with a "boop", that's it - no lights, nothing. Won't go into FZ mode or anything.

Anyone know any tricks?

Point of my post, anyone know what flat rate repair cost on these is?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: O3 Control head flat rate cost? Bricked.

Post by spectragod »

$485 or close to that for flat rate. I have had success bring them back using the port on the rear of the brick, some I have had to use a serial cable on, others a usb.

If you have a saved cp, you could try dumping it back in.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Re: O3 Control head flat rate cost? Bricked.

Post by d119 »

Well it's not the radio that's bricked, it's the O3 head. It powers up with no lights, and the radio just goes "boop". Bombed out during a firmware upgrade. Put another O3 head on it, works great. Put the O3 head in question on a known good radio, does the same thing... No lights, "boop".

Apparently the main board for these things is $225, I may just go that route...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”