Maratrac Repeater Conversion - COR Signal

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Maratrac Repeater Conversion - COR Signal

Post by W3AXL »

Hi all,

Our club has two low-band (40-50) maratracs we're converting for a repeater. We've got all the components working separately, and now we're in the final stages of "let's see if this will work."

So I've been fiddling with the interface from the receive radio to the controller. I was reading up on how you can bring out the COR signal from a via on the logic board, so I went ahead and soldered a wire on the via and brought it out. Now, according to repeater builder this signal is supposed to be 0V when squelched and 5V when the radio is receiving.

However, on our receive radio this signal does nothing. It doesn't have any voltage no matter what is happening. The radio still receives absolutely fine and seems to work 100% otherwise, but this signal does nothing.

I'm stumped. It seems nobody else has this problem either, so I'm assuming it's just me.

Anybody have any idea what's up?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”