Rib difference.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Rib difference.

Post by N4KVE »

A friend was cleaning out his garage, & gave me 2 factory ribs that both have the rocker switch. One is a RLN4008B, & the other is a RLN4008E. While both work just fine, I was wondering if there is any difference, or if one is preferable to use. GARY
35-K9-1
What radios do you own?: XG-100F, VP900, VP600, APX7K

Re: Rib difference.

Post by 35-K9-1 »

As far as I know, they are just different revisions with the 'E' being the newer one. If you ever want to sell one, shoot me a message.

-AJ
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

35-K9-1 wrote:As far as I know, they are just different revisions with the 'E' being the newer one. If you ever want to sell one, shoot me a message.

-AJ
That is correct. Motorola would change the part number suffix when there was a major engineering change. The difference here was the "E" version has surface mount devices where the "B" version does not. Other versions (the "C" had suplier changes the "D" went to smd).
Dave
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I even have another one w/o any parts tag that has no rocker switch, & no opening for a battery. GARY
jry

Post by jry »

That could be the original version of the RIB.
Motorola used that housing for a number of functions so you may want to look inside and verify if it is the RLN4008 type RIB

The manual is online at numerous sites.

If it's the one I am thinking of used it for decades before selling it off with some other gear.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”