HT Series impres on XTS series

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

HT Series impres on XTS series

Post by Java »

If someone has a WPLN4114AR desktop charger and the HT series adapter and charges the IMPRES HT series battery in said charger will the Battery gauge work on a XTS series that has a display ? How about using the battery on a HT series will the XTS charger communicate correctly with the smart battery for either radio?
Java
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: HT Series impres on XTS series

Post by sjxts3000 »

Define what you mean by "HT". HT/Jedi batteries (HT1000/JT1000,MT2000,MTS2000, etc) don't work with XTS radios. Impres batteries can only be charged in impres chargers. The chip is in the battery and communicates with the impres charger to determine if its needs conditioning or just simple charging (yellow light vs red, respectively).
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Maybe HT1250/750?
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

Java, we need more info before you get a solid answer. Please be specific.
Java

Post by Java »

HT750 /HT1250 impres batteries on xts2500 or vise versa.
The impres chip is the same In both batteries?

BTW I'll try to be more specific
Java
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No, you cannot get a fuel gauge on a 2500 using Waris batteries.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

What is an NNTN7554A said to be for? The online retailers are stating XTS2500 only or an arm list where they should be XTS1500 (or whatever it is) as well I'd imagine.

That's what I have on my 2500 with Impress. Did the Warris actually support Impress? I know the Warris batteries will work with a 2500 but TBH I've never seen a Warris battery with Impress (if it exists I'd assume it should work). Every check I've done with the dealers here (my 2500 is needed a new battery, after 3 days charge it still flashes RGRGRG :( ) has been along the lines of look for a Warris compatible so I'm now curious.
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Post by tdats »

I used to use warris series HT1250 impress batteries on an XTS2500 a lot. You do not get a battery gauge on the XTS2500 radio using this setup.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

tsunami_australia wrote:What is an NNTN7554A said to be for? The online retailers are stating XTS2500 only or an arm list where they should be XTS1500 (or whatever it is) as well I'd imagine.

That's what I have on my 2500 with Impress. Did the Warris actually support Impress? I know the Warris batteries will work with a 2500 but TBH I've never seen a Warris battery with Impress (if it exists I'd assume it should work). Every check I've done with the dealers here (my 2500 is needed a new battery, after 3 days charge it still flashes RGRGRG :( ) has been along the lines of look for a Warris compatible so I'm now curious.
NNTN7554 is for the Astro25 radios so you will get a fuel gauge and battery data on your MT1500/PR1500/XTS1500/XTS2500 etc

The reason the Waris batteries work on the 2500 is they have 2 rows of contacts. You will note on your XTS battery there is only one row of contacts. The NTN9858 NiMH XTS batteries actually have contacts hiding under the sticker, I use this battery on my HT1250 no problem. The Li-ion XTS batteries do not have these contacts populated for some reason
Java

Post by Java »

escomm wrote:
tsunami_australia wrote:What is an NNTN7554A said to be for? The online retailers are stating XTS2500 only or an arm list where they should be XTS1500 (or whatever it is) as well I'd imagine.

NNTN7554 is for the Astro25 radios so you will get a fuel gauge and battery data on your MT1500/PR1500/XTS1500/XTS2500 etc

The reason the Waris batteries work on the 2500 is they have 2 rows of contacts. You will note on your XTS battery there is only one row of contacts. The NTN9858 NiMH XTS batteries actually have contacts hiding under the sticker, I use this battery on my HT1250 no problem. The Li-ion XTS batteries do not have these contacts populated for some reason
yeah i have noticed that all the xts batteries i have do not have that second row. I do however have a IMPRES HT series battery that has two rows. it works on both the astro25 and HT, but as was stated and attempted the fuel gauge on the xts2500 will not engauge with a HT series impres battery. What exactly is the purpose of the IMPRES battery for a HT1250 if you cant get a full reading, i ask this because there is a fuel gauge on the ht1250 display no matter what battery i do use. Does the HT1550 have a smart impres chip in it or something? I feel like the IMPRES battery for the HT series was some what a waste of money, UNLESS i go and buy a display and hack up one of my wpln4114ar chargers to have a display so i can get a reading off the battery.
Java

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”