Motorola PeopleFinder Tx Delay?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PFD R-7
New User

Motorola PeopleFinder Tx Delay?

Post by PFD R-7 »

Hello,

My fire department utilizes a Motorola People Finder LT for two-tone pager activation, on a VHF radio system, the unit uses a transmit control module to transmit through an MTR3000 base radio through a Vega C-2000 tone remote unit. Everything works great, but just a few days ago we switched from a simplex radio system to a repeater system. This unit is at a standalone firehouse (not the dispatch center) so it is now transmitting through the repeater, which causes a significant time delay and as a result the beginning of the first tone is getting severely cut off. All the literature I have does not provide any option for extending the time the People Finder opens the audio before actually transmitting the tones (the default is 150ms per the literature, I'd like to extend to at least 500ms). I know this is a rare unit these days, but any input would be appreciated!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”