HT1250 audio sounds burned-out

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

HT1250 audio sounds burned-out

Post by Java »

Simplex mode audio sounds ok, but if you listen to someone talk on a repeater the audio sounds rather, saturated... It's hard to explain. I matched audio settings from a radio I know works and it still sounds terrible. It's like the radio is set off freq or something. You know when you turn the vfo in kHz up or down in AM the person talking starts to sounds over developed or saturated...could a housing swap fix this or is the radio in need of a serious alignment?
Java
Andy Corbin

Re: HT1250 audio sounds burned-out

Post by Andy Corbin »

Have you confirmed the radio is transmitting on the proper repeater input frequency? You can easily verify this with a frequency counter or a service monitor. I doubt the housing has much to do with it since it is the same housing on simplex as it is on the repeater.
Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

Re: HT1250 audio sounds burned-out

Post by Java »

Andy Corbin wrote:Have you confirmed the radio is transmitting on the proper repeater input frequency? You can easily verify this with a frequency counter or a service monitor. I doubt the housing has much to do with it since it is the same housing on simplex as it is on the repeater.
Stupid audio settings! I figured out i had set something in the personalities that made every channel sound over modulated. According to some used setting the Emphasis to Low level expansion was optimum. I disabled that selection per personality. Before figuring this out i swapped about 8 different housings whew what a PITA. Seems like all 4 of my HT1250s are Intrinsically safe, NO Option boards tho :(
Java

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”