External PTT options for CDM or CM series

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

70 cutlass 442
New User

External PTT options for CDM or CM series

Post by 70 cutlass 442 »

I am nearing the end of my voter system build. I am using a GE voter (Macom) and I am supplied with a +16VDC output from the voter. I am able to use either a CDM or CM series radio as an exciter but need a simple way to make the output from the voter usable. I also wouldn't mind a way to add hang time to this but I think I can manage that once I find a way to key the radio with the supplied output.
Bill_G

Re: External PTT options for CDM or CM series

Post by Bill_G »

Is the +16 stiff enough to drive a small relay? If not, make yourself a simple open collector circuit, or use an optoisolator.
VE3HKB
New User

Post by VE3HKB »

Are you using a repeater controller of any type between your receiver(s) and transmitter?
Out of curiosity, how many receivers are you voting and how far apart are they located?
70 cutlass 442
New User

Post by 70 cutlass 442 »

VE3HKB wrote:Are you using a repeater controller of any type between your receiver(s) and transmitter?
Out of curiosity, how many receivers are you voting and how far apart are they located?
Hi there,

We are voting 3 sites as of now and have the ability to vote up to 6,two being remote and one being local. We currently do not have repeater controller between the voter and the transmitter but I am not opposed to buying one so if you could recommend one that will accept +16VDC, I am all ears. This is a public safety system so I would prefer commercial grade equipment. To answer your last question, the remote sites are about 3 miles away from the TX site (where voter is located).
d119

Post by d119 »

So the PTT from the voter is +16V? Like Bill said, use a relay...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”