CDM "DISABLED"

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

70 cutlass 442
New User

CDM "DISABLED"

Post by 70 cutlass 442 »

I have a VHF CDM 1250 that is showing "DISABLED" on the screen. The radio was being installed at our garage and the installer said this showed up after powering it up. He thinks he may have pushed a button but was unsure. We try to enable it at dispatch but it will not work. Is there any way around this or somewhere I can send this to make it work?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM "DISABLED"

Post by SteveC0625 »

70 cutlass 442 wrote:I have a VHF CDM 1250 that is showing "DISABLED" on the screen. The radio was being installed at our garage and the installer said this showed up after powering it up. He thinks he may have pushed a button but was unsure. We try to enable it at dispatch but it will not work. Is there any way around this or somewhere I can send this to make it work?
With it powered up, are you able to use the CPS to read the codeplug?
d119

Post by d119 »

Sounds like someone blanked it and programmed that in as the channel name - I know of no method for a CDM to display "DISABLED". That, or I live under a rock...
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Post by tdats »

I kind of remember if the MIN and ESN on a passport option card in our CDM's did not align with the system operator's records, our radio would say disabled on the screen. It could be there is a passport zone setup on the radio and he bumped a button to move into that zone.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

I was going to mention this also but would expect a Passport capable radio to be a CDM1550LS+. I don't see any reason why you couldn't put a Passport board in a CDM1250 radio though. You should be able to read this radio and see whether it has an option board enabled in the channel personality.
tdats wrote:I kind of remember if the MIN and ESN on a passport option card in our CDM's did not align with the system operator's records, our radio would say disabled on the screen. It could be there is a passport zone setup on the radio and he bumped a button to move into that zone.
70 cutlass 442
New User

Post by 70 cutlass 442 »

I can read the radio with no problem. I will look to see if there is a PP board installed, the radio is able to be disbaled remotely by our dispatch but attempts to send the enable code over the air does not seem to re enable it.
TheOCAstro

Post by TheOCAstro »

Did you just acquire this radio? It sounds like another dispatch center "disabled" the radio and once that occurs only that dispatch center can re-enable it. This may be a stolen radio or the radio was on a channel it wasn't supposed to be on.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”