MACOM Opensky M803 'Crossband' to CDM

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GIGS_MURRAY
New User

MACOM Opensky M803 'Crossband' to CDM

Post by GIGS_MURRAY »

Hoping I'm posting this in the correct forum (spot). I have done ton's of research and have no luck so far and hoping someone can offer some assistance. I have an Opensky M803 Radio and I want to 'connect' it to a CDM1250 for 'crossband'. No matter how much I search, I can not find any information on the I/O Connector on the rear of the MaCOM to know what 'pin' is 'what function' (such as COR, etc.). Hoping someone on here might be able to help so I can follow thru with my project. THANKS
VE3HKB
New User

Re: MACOM Opensky M803 'Crossband' to CDM

Post by VE3HKB »

For help on Harris product, you may have better luck on radioinfoboard.com, as they have a specific forum.

For the M803 I/O pinouts you would need the maintenance manual, Harris P/N MM20107.
By itself the manual would not be helpful. Usually the I/O on the newer Harris radios is programmable and not fixed in hardware - read software required. The M803 is a full digital radio, so communications via CANBUS is required for interfacing (there's no discrete audio, PTT, or COR signals on the DB-15, just speaker audio).

With modification, you should be able to find most of your required signals in the control head.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”