MT2000 with scratchy PTT

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vhacmowilmob
New User
What radios do you own?: Sabers and Maxtracs

MT2000 with scratchy PTT

Post by vhacmowilmob »

Never had this one before... I have a UHF MT2000 (my only one... all my other MT2000's are VHF) that has a scratchy PTT button (really bad scratchiness when holding PTT, bad enough that it screws with the DTMF decoder on my repeater).

I can't find the PTT switch assembly in the parts list in the service manual, so I'm guessing that it's part of another board...
Is there a way to fix it by swapping parts from an HT1000 (I have one that can be gutted), or am I SOL? (not that big a deal, as its' one of my personal radios, mainly used on 440 and GMRS, but like I said, it's my only 2000, and I really like the display)

TNX
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: MT2000 with scratchy PTT

Post by RadioSouth »

If it's a UHF radio search SRN1202 might be your issue.
vhacmowilmob
New User
What radios do you own?: Sabers and Maxtracs

Re: MT2000 with scratchy PTT

Post by vhacmowilmob »

That's definitely it... If I knock on the front of the radio during TX or RX (even with a speaker mic) I can hear the microphonics...
Just ordered a new radio on Ebay, as my vision isn't good enough to do the repair myself (and I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on a kit, then screw up the repair...)

Not necessarily a bad thing, as this radio is a 450-520 split, and having two different RSS folders is annoying (I still have the original, and the hex-modded one is in a different folder)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”