MCS2000 codeplug

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

R1800

MCS2000 codeplug

Post by R1800 »

I have a model 3 UHF1 MCS2000 that got damaged. The radio will not power up. For some reason, I did not save the programmed information. I have a replacement MCS2000 same model.

Is it possible to remove a chip from the original radio that contains the code plug and place it in the new radio? Anyone done something like this.

If so, what is the location of the chip assuming that I can desolder it from the board or just remove it.

I am not sure if the control head has any information as well, but the original control head is working fine.
jackhackett

Re: MCS2000 codeplug

Post by jackhackett »

I tried replacing the memory chip in a CDM once.... ONCE.

If you know what was programmed into it you're better off just programming the replacement from scratch. Those chips would be difficult to remove without damaging them and you're likely to end up with two dead radios. At this point you don't even know if the chip in the original radio is still good.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”