Gold Elite CRT

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OldDawg
New User

Gold Elite CRT

Post by OldDawg »

Aquired a gold elite CRT system, 2 op positions complete w/ceb.

The GUI is telling me there's no connection between the CIE & CEB. I've tried all possible connection configurations, cables, etc. One of the CIE's is dead, so I'm working with the good one, but I don't know if it has to be addressed as op1 or not, or how to do that if it does.

Got the install manual here and in 372 pages I couldn't find any info on the topic.

I've got them both open and all switches & jumpers look the same between the 2.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Semper Fi.
OldDawg
New User

Re: Gold Elite CRT

Post by OldDawg »

Updating...

I made a simple change to an existing CEB resource in the DB, and I can't seem to upload it, so I want to:

1.) Get rid of the OP2 COIM, and setup the remaining good CIE for OP1 use, so I'm working with the primary dispatch pos. I don't know if the reason I can't upload is because I'm working with OP2 or not. So, is there a way to "address" a CIE for specific OP pos use.

2.) Verify TDB bus assignments, because CEB cards don't match the DB. I can't seem to find any documentation that tells how to set that 8 pos dip switch for TDM bus assignment.

Ultimately I'm going to be trying to create a T88R resource....I have an idea how to do it, but I can't get past this basic stuff.

Any assistance would be welcomed.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Here you go - this should help you out.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&p=344696 Has your DIP Switch settings (Thank you D119) which have helped me out numerous times
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
d119

Post by d119 »

Holy moly, didn't know that post still existed... Excellent! Yes you all are very welcome, I worked on a bunch of this way back when. Still have a 2OP CCGE CEB I occasionally use at home.

I think if you search my username in that particular forum I did a few other posts describing card model numbers, CEB setups, etc.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”