HPN9033A POWER SUPPLY INTERFERENCE

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

anniegirl
New User

HPN9033A POWER SUPPLY INTERFERENCE

Post by anniegirl »

This Power Supply causes severe interference when the GR1225 Repeater is in transmit mode. I just found the schematic and its made by Duracom. Has anyone experienced the same problem and know what component could be causing the issue. The Repeater works fine when I connect other power supplies to it. I didn't do a voltage test but it seem like it drops in and out. Transmissions are choppy breaking up.
fineshot1

Re: HPN9033A POWER SUPPLY INTERFERENCE

Post by fineshot1 »

These are low end lousy quality switching supplies. You would do much better to choose a higher end
good quality switching supply. Good high end switching supplies do not emit noise levels like you are
experiencing. Over the last decade or so motorola has had a bad track record with low end power
supplies like those that are in a few of the control station models and these el cheapo repeater
models. I have seen many of these supplies burn up way before their time.
fineshot1
NJ USA
motorola_otaku

Re: HPN9033A POWER SUPPLY INTERFERENCE

Post by motorola_otaku »

Yeah, I roasted a few of those in CDR700s over the years.

The Astron SS-18 is damn near bulletproof, and doesn't have the noise issue. It will run a R1225 all day long.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”