Need help with a P1225

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

berkinet

Need help with a P1225

Post by berkinet »

I have a pair of 16ch UHF P1225s I picked up for a very good price. (Model P94ZPC90C2AA). I am able to program them seemingly without problem, But, when I try to actually use them, they don't seem to work. Checking the output with a frequency counter I get random readings, but none remotely near the UHF band. When I turn the radios on, I hear a soft beep and then a slightly louder "boop." After keying the PTT, I hear three loud beeps (at a rate around 3 beeps per second). Also, the LED seems to flash some kind of pattern, almost like it is tracking the squelch. But, I actually hear nothing from the speaker. Holding down the MON key (set for MON/VolSet) the radio beeps three times and the LED flashes orange - but the squelch never opens.

Both radios behave in exactly the same way and I have tested them with fully charged batteries that work on other radios.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcomed.
CircleBat

Re: Need help with a P1225

Post by CircleBat »

Sounds like a shot battery.. these radios were tgeworse radios Motorola ever made. Not water sealed and lossy caps causing other issues

Circlebat
berkinet

Re: Need help with a P1225

Post by berkinet »

As noted in my original post, I have observed this issue with fully charged (new) batteries. Also, the behavior is identical on both radios making it look like a configuration issue -- though I can't see any obvious issues in the code plug.
berkinet

[Solved] Re: Need help with a P1225

Post by berkinet »

The problem was in the Radio Wide programming. Option Board Type was set for Full Serial Interface. I set it to None and the radio now works as expected.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”