GM950 filtered output.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Clausgc
New User

GM950 filtered output.

Post by Clausgc »

Hello.. I have made a repeater with two Motorola GM950 and one of the cheap repeatercables from Ebay. It works just fine, except that i cant get the filtered audio output out on pin 11 in the acc connector. It sound very tinny with the discriminator output going to pin 2.

So far i have solved it by a speaker transformator going from pin 1 to 16 and the secundary to pin 2 and ground, and the sound is excellent, but of cause highly affected by the speaker volume. This is an issue as the repeater is used as a basestation simultaneusly..

Is there any way to get the filtered audio to pin 11 or any other acc pin, or do i have to make a mod to the radio?

RSS and all works fine and i can program the pins as i like .
Clausgc
New User

Re: GM950 filtered output.

Post by Clausgc »

I solved the issue myself. Connecting an electrolytic capacitor between pin 11 and ground solved the issue. It might be a better solutione to have a 1kohm pot between the cap and ground so you can adjust the treble cut and level going to pin 2.

The value on the cap is 1 mikrofarad 16 volts.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”