Midian AES Board for CDM Mobiles

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Midian AES Board for CDM Mobiles

Post by NSPD »

So I am seeing that Midian makes an AES-128 board for the Professional Series mobiles and portables. Does anyone have an experience with these things that can give me some feedback before I decide to head down this road? Or.. even better has anyone pulled any out of used radios that wants to part with them?

Looking at adding AES to some low band CDM1250's and HT1250's.
Jake
d119

Re: Midian AES Board for CDM Mobiles

Post by d119 »

Is it operating through a repeater?
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

Nope!
Jake
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

We did something similar to huhundreds of low band ht750s that went overseas around 2007-2009 time frame. We loaded an option board to the HT750 and wrote the board (keyloaded) it with Midians software. Pretty sure it was AES, not sure what flavor. FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

FatBoy wrote:We did something similar to huhundreds of low band ht750s that went overseas around 2007-2009 time frame. We loaded an option board to the HT750 and wrote the board (keyloaded) it with Midians software. Pretty sure it was AES, not sure what flavor. FB
So how did it work?
Jake
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Worked well. No complaints and the customer paid their bill. Funny thing was that a few years later, all the radios came back to us to have the board removed, then zeroed, then blank option boards loaded into the 750s....... I dont remember where we shipped the radios or boards to after that. I am guessing the boards went to some crypto schmuck and the radios got surplused. FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The Midian boards like to die after several years and make the radios start throwing EEPROM CS and HW errors all over the place
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

escomm wrote:The Midian boards like to die after several years and make the radios start throwing EEPROM CS and HW errors all over the place
That’s a bummer.. not many options for secure on low band other than maybe the X9000 and they bring their own set of problems, and no other options for portables that I have seen.
Jake

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”