CDM1250 Model Number Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WmHPowell

CDM1250 Model Number Issue

Post by WmHPowell »

Our club is updating it's remote sites using CDM1250 radios for backhaul. For consistency I need to use a common codeplug.
All of the radios are marked as AAM25RHD9AA2AN on the ID plate.
All but 1 of the radios is marked as AAM25RHD9AA2AN in the code plug and that one radio is missing the leading AA: M25RKD9AA2A which prevents me from writing my "standard" code plug.
Of note - it appears that all of the sample code plugs provided with the CPS also neglect the leading AA.
So . . . How do I zap the one outlier to make it's model number consistent with the rest?
Thanks,
Bill - WB1GOT
Bill Powell - WB1GOT
jackhackett

Re: CDM1250 Model Number Issue

Post by jackhackett »

I ran into a similar problem years back after a radio came back from depot. I can't remember if depot repaired it or if a firmware update did it. If you're able to do a FW update that would be an easy thing to try.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I notice you mentioned a RHD radio (low power) and a RKD radio (high power). Is this preventing the clone you attempted ?
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Two different models. Will not clone.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

I had not looked at the numbers closely enough to spot that, I wonder why the OP only mentioned the missing AA? I'd guess either he missed it as well or it's a typo.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”