MOF230 / MCS2000 Won't turn on?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

MOF230 / MCS2000 Won't turn on?

Post by Tony.RI »

Alrighty, I'm at a loss here... just received two MOF230 radios. Was a bit disappointed that there's no DPL on them, but I can live with that... so I get the UHF radio programmed up without issue, and move onto the M-split radio. I programs up a couple times without issue, and then one time it just dies... I think it might have been a low RIB battery (sigh) but now it won't power on at all... I did pop the top off to see if there's any fuses or whatnot on the board, (I didn't see any) and I did power on the unit with the top off and got an Error 01/90, which I believe was a mis-connected head... put the case back on and still nothing... Even gave it ignition sense to no avail...

Is there anything I can do to unbrick this thing or am I SOL?
Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Re: MOF230 / MCS2000 Won't turn on?

Post by Tony.RI »

Hmm... interesting turn of events... ok, so I can read the codeplug if I hold the power button, but if I do the same and attempt to write, I get a FL 01/90 error on the head and a "Protocol error, expected radio to ACK or NAK" in the software. Interesting...

Ah! Holding the power button, I was able to get the original codeplug in there... :D Exciting...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”