Radius D34LRA77A5DK dash mount - programming

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

Radius D34LRA77A5DK dash mount - programming

Post by Jim202 »

Can anyone tell me which software is used to program this Radius radio?

I think it is an M206 radio.

I have M100 software, but it won't work on this radio.

Jim
Spdfile1
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Re: Radius D34LRA77A5DK dash mount - programming

Post by Spdfile1 »

Maybe the M208 RSS works for it. Google search "Motorola RSS Programming" and you'll find some websites with lists of RSS programs. I'll be in the same boat soon as I have some Radius mobiles to program.
N4SYR
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

I don't recall the name/part number of the software, I just remember the exe was radmbl.exe
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

RFguy wrote:I don't recall the name/part number of the software, I just remember the exe was radmbl.exe

I do have the file RADMBL.exe and all it has is a bunch of formulas and other stuff that has nothing to do with programming the radio frequencies. Not sure if it is missing other files.

Jim
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

RADMBL.EXE should be the executable file for the Radius M100 product line, which should be the one for that radio.
There should be probably about a dozen files with that executable to complete the RSS. (Help files, OVL files, etc)
The main RADMBL.EXE file should be 322,384 bytes, dated 10-16-91.
The MDF file (model definition file) should be 7,913 bytes, 08-09-91.
These are for RSS version R07.20.01 which is HVN9173H.
I think that is the last version or at least very near the last.
If you try to run RADMBL and nothing happens, then you are missing the rest of the OVL (overlay) files and it won't run without them.
Usually RSS will run without the HLP files, you get an error message, but they usually run.
If you have Maxtrac LAB or someone you know has it, maybe just blank the radio, and re-initialize it as a Maxtrac.
I nearly always make Radius models into Maxtracs.
Usually you get more channels that way.
Steve K.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

That is what the issue is. The source only had just the RADMBL.EXE file. I will go back to searching for a complete zip file.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”