Motorola SL7550e

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Xyskr
New User

Motorola SL7550e

Post by Xyskr »

Hello all-

My wife, friends and family travel internationally often and frequently take cruises. We have been using the Costco special Motorola talk about radios for a while but we’ve decided to step up to a professional radio for increased range, voice quality, text messaging and vibrate alert feature. I’m getting ready to order 4 Motorola SL7550e 2 way radios for this purpose. Does anyone have any experience with this model or past 7000 series? I realize these are technically not legal for use in Europe so I’d like some opinions on that matter as well. My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum. I’ve been scouring the web trying to find which European frequencies are the potential culprits. When I register with the FCC do they assign the 5 frequencies randomly or is there a way to choose?

Lots of questions I know. I appreciate any insight anyone can provide!
Karl NVW

Re: Motorola SL7550e

Post by Karl NVW »

This is truly a no-brainer. Don't do it. You risk confiscation of your radios and other possessions, temporary legal detention, and potential expulsion. It can be worse if you are caught in an eastern bloc country not politically friendly to the USA.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”