Quantar Repeater external controller help please.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eagle844

Quantar Repeater external controller help please.

Post by eagle844 »

Greetings,

I have been trying to interface a controller to the quantar repeater. I cannot seem to get the signals from "J14" port. I have heard there are some wildcards or something that needs to be entered to enable "J14" to have the proper signals to interface a controller.

Is there anyone that can help in the wildcard settings? I have the service manual and have a pinout, but there is no signals or audio from the "J14" port.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Karl NVW

Re: Quantar Repeater external controller help please.

Post by Karl NVW »

Back (a couple of decades ago) when Quantar stations were still in production and orderable, the WildCard interface was an extra cost option, including some additional interfacing hardware and software. Does the physical documentation for your specific station indicate that the WildCard option was ordered on the station?
The CPS software does include fairly decent Help support for most of the WildCard field settings. Use that feature in conjunction with the Quantar System Planner document (MOTO Internal Use Only) and the station maintenance manual. You may find it helpful to make a list of each signal required by your external controller, including name and the analog, digital, or logic levels expected.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

The Repeaterbuilder web site has the details you need, both connections and WildCard work around.

Many people find the stock Quantar works fine without a controller, it has the necessary CW ID built in.
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Post by Doug »

Is your heart set on using j14 or would you entertain the idea of using j17 ?
I've done several Quantars using j17 This allowed the analog to be handled by your controller of choice and p25 to be done as an in cabinet repeat function handled by the wild cards. This also will do p25 linking via the Cisco method

By the way hello John haven't seen you lurking lately

Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Hi Doug and Happy New Year!
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

Thank you all. We are a ham club and putting several repeaters up the will be linked. The interfacing to a controller is needed, unless that controller can control a link radio without a carrier tail and rx the link freq.

Thank you much.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”