Motorola LEX L10 Smartphone for APX - hanging at boot up screen

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

Motorola LEX L10 Smartphone for APX - hanging at boot up screen

Post by g8tzl2004 »

I have an ex-demo Motorola Lex L10 "mission critical" smartphone which is hanging at the "Motorola Solutions" boot up screen.

The Lex L10 is a smartphone with a PTT and can be bluetooth linked to control a Motorola APX series radio as well as having all the usual smartphone features such as internet searching etc. The smartphone was manufactured in 2015.

I think the problem is a corrupted Android OS / firmware which needs to be re-installed?

I have tried using the Android System Recovery feature [ Press ON/OFF and Up Volume to access] and used 'Wipe Android Cache Partition' and 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset' but this did not fix the problem.

I'm guessing that I will need to reinstall a stock Motorola factory Android OS image?

The LEX L10 uses the Android KitKat 4.4.4 OS.

Does anybody know how I can restore the stock Motorola Android 4.4.4. OS / firmware image for a Motorola LEX L10 using, I guess, either an SD card or a Motorola ADB and USB Driver setup.

The Motorola LEX L10 "professional" smartphone is still part of Motorola Solutions and is nothing to do with Motorola "consumer" smartphones which is now owned by Lenovo....so I don't think you can use "Lenovo" stuff to recover a "real" Motorola smartphone?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”