Spectra Mode Names Unavailable

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB6NVH

Spectra Mode Names Unavailable

Post by WB6NVH »

I am dealing with the learning curve on Spectras, having not used them before. In programming a VHF A5 dash mount Spectra I noticed the channel (mode) names were just 1, 2, 3 etc. rather than alpha-numeric as on all the other Spectras I have. In the RSS, there is no place to type in the mode name on the menu page for any mode, and in the radio-wide options it says "Mode Names Unavailable" and you can't select that category to change it.

This radio is a D43KMA7JA5BK, and the RSS in use is Ver. R06.00.05 from 3/6/1993.

The RSS has the mode name function on all the other Spectras I have, it just won't let me do it with this one. Is there any way to turn on the mode names on this model, or were some just made like this where you can't? The RSS doesn't allow you to select anything to do with mode names on this radio, the category can't be selected. On other DxxKMA7JA5BK radios, it can.

Geoff
WB6NVH
Monterey CA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”