Third Party RIB DONT WORK! Check this out plz!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mulder

Third Party RIB DONT WORK! Check this out plz!

Post by mulder »

i just got a third party rib im from united kingdom it wont program my p210 im going to include a picture of the RibImage

the rib has two chips

MAXIM MAX232CPE

and

LM339AN
J64266F
Jnr0035

what i want to ask does anyone know if this rib is capable of programming a p210 (ht800)

thanks get back to me please
Last edited by mulder on Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

The photo doesn't work...
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

http://www.geocities.com/chris_23000/Image1.JPG

It worked for me.

I haven't seen that design before. I have though heard of some problems with RIB's based o nthe MAX232 chip. Monty could probably shed some light on this better.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
ArmsonOeg

Post by ArmsonOeg »

I have Two of the real nice ones from radioStew and they both will not program HT600's....... HT1250, 1550's, XTS , Maxtracs, GP300 and Spectra's are ok but not the low end HT600
Last edited by ArmsonOeg on Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

I don't know about your RIB. But I can tell you about your picture. You cannot have a link to a Geocities webpage, including an image, from another site (like this.) I found that out the hard way.

Good luck,
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
mulder

RadioStew you say

Post by mulder »

im trying to program a p210 i called it one of the ht's as they are the same thats what ive been told but it wont work with that rib that i have
as it seems no one can view it click on this http://www.geocities.com/chris_23000/Image1.JPG

i was going to get one from radiostew beacause the one i have already wont program the p210 does anyone know if radiostews will program the p210 :roll: heres a picture below of radiostews if any of you have one of these have you been able to sucesfully program with it
Last edited by mulder on Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

Hey folks, to see the picture, paste the URL http://www.geocities.com/chris_23000/Image1.JPG in a fresh browser window. Worked fine that way, because it didn't send the HTTP-Referrer: field, which Geocities doesn't like on images (similar to what w5atx said above.)
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
ArmsonOeg

Post by ArmsonOeg »

Mulder, As i said i have two of his(RadioStew) RIBs and both will not program Three of my HT600's. These are nice RIB's, and program everything else. I thought my first Stewed RIB had a problem, but just got another in Mid January and it will not work on the HT600. I checked everything, Cables, Pinouts, and so on. Tried a different RIB and it programs with no problem......... Also the picture of RadioStew's rib is misleading There is no Bottom to that Box you see in the picture in the previous post..........I guess i'll just have to break into the bank and get a Motorola Rib

Gordon ê¿ê
mulder

confusing

Post by mulder »

what rib did you use to program your ht600's after also what kind of problems did you get that had shown you that his rib wouldnt work for you
ArmsonOeg

Post by ArmsonOeg »

Something like Serial Bus error.........It's been awhile , few weeks. It was a poor excuse for a RIB (at least from the looks of it) It has been in use for years, But gets the job done. It's a NoName Brand
mulder

pictures

Post by mulder »

by any chance would you be able to take some pictures of the rib you use the program the ht's i dont want to be a bother its just im interested :) also the underside of the radiostews thanks
mulder

my e-mail to send the pics

Post by mulder »

my e-mail to send the pictures is

the_matrix@ntlworld.com
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hi:

If you want to save yourself the headaches of a Corrupted
Code plug, just buy a Motorola Original.

Problem solved

I have a few left if you are interested

Monty
mulder

how much ?

Post by mulder »

how much are you selling one for :)
Dkouz
Batboard $upporter

Sandy Ganz?

Post by Dkouz »

Mulder-- the one the black case is really a Sandy Ganz RIB. Or at least that is the same case. Mine works fine for the Genesis series (which is all that I currently have).
As to the box not having a bottom: it is that way to get to the battery and to take the pcb out of the plastic housing.

DKouz
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hi:

If you want to solve your problems, I have a few Motorola
Brand New Motorola Rib boxes and they come complete
with Rib to Computer cable, Power supply, Duracell battery
and instructions.

235.00+8.00 S & H

Monty
hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

Just my 2 pennies.
get a moto rib, its worth it totally..
I had some headaches w/ clone ribs and I finally got a real one.

John

and yes, i got one from Monty, and I got great support too.
Dean Buccheri

Post by Dean Buccheri »

I use Polaris Industries' RIB. Although I've never tried it with a P210, It's been used on hundreds of others and it works fine. I have tried it with all the other models mentioned and no problems. Best part is the price. I paid 100 bucks when I bought the last one, but I believe they are up to 129.00 now.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”