mts2000 audio problem from depot

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firepoint76

Post by firepoint76 »

When I get a MTS2000 back from the depot there is a funny but quiet pop and a fade up in audio on every RX. This is the second time this has happened to two different radios. When I send it back they say all is good. Any ideas? The radio makes the noise in trunking and conventinal modes. I tried swapping front housings w/ dtmf pad and speaker, no change. it's like the speaker amplifier is mis-aligned it pops then is slow to get to full volume(1 sec). I've tried differnt codeplugs, no change.
I have legit RSS and CPS to help but don't know what to look for.
Please help! and thank you.
Please feel free to e-mail me w/a questions.
firepoint76@hotmail.com
JoeO

Post by JoeO »

I am wondering if this has anything to do with SRN-1347. Subject matter is "In-band High Level Intermodulation Enhancements for the MTS-2000 800 mhz radios".They do state that after the modification "Hum & Noise will be audible, but will not result in missed calls or unintelligible audio".This may also allow more pops & clicks to get through also. They may be making this mod at the depot when they make repairs. I can email you SRN-1347 in pdf format if you like.
firepoint76

Post by firepoint76 »

Please send me the .pdf. That could be it, interesting, I would if it can be removed or adjusted better.
Thanks
firepoint76@hotmail.com
firepoint76

Post by firepoint76 »

According to SRN1347 this was issued Sept 2001. My first problem radio started in December of 2000. Otherwise it could be it.
FYI this is a 800 Mhz H-38 SmartZone radio type II (B5).
Radio99

Post by Radio99 »

I am having the same problem with my 800 MHz MTS2000. Could you e-mail be the SRN or maybe post it on the board? Thanks.
firepoint76

Post by firepoint76 »

I can send you the .PDF

what's your e-mail?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”