Spectra Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jts203

Spectra Question

Post by jts203 »

Does anyone know what Spectra Error Code 17/10 means. I can't find it on the list. When first turned on the display shows ER 17/10, and then it goes away. This is an 800 C7 Spectra, model D45KGA5JC7AK.

Thanks.

John
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

completely unrelated.....do you know of a reason I can't get at your website from RoadRunner? I can access it anywhere but from RR as my ISP at home. Did you ever have the same problem?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Data option on trunking

In other words you have an RF modem hooked up to your radio typically used for MDT/MDC where you piggy back the data on the trunked channels.

its under radio wide screen then more options to turn off
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Do you have it configured as a trunk mount? I had the same problem with a trunk mount 800 C7. I shorted two pins on the back of the radio and the problem was solved. I was using the front cable connector for the speaker instead of using the 15 pin on the back of the radio. So once I figured out the pins I needed to short all was well.

I think that even after disabling everything in RSS, I was still getting the error. Hope this helps...

Scott
jts203

Post by jts203 »

It is configured as a trunk mount and after shutting it off in the software, I still get the error. Do you know which 2 pins to short? The radio does work fine after the error code goes away.
jts203

Post by jts203 »

I figured this out in the software, so for future reference if anybody needs it you read the radio then go to F2 / Radio Wide, then F9 / Other Options, then F3 / Data options and on the bottom of that screen disable the Serial Data.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

I grounded pins 2 and 8 on the radio itself and used the 15 pin connector plugged into the remote cable. It quit having the error. I think it has something to do with the remote emergency button. On the remote mount, there is suppose to be a remote emergency switch. Pins 2 and 8 are for that switch, so if you ground them out, you'll be set. I hope it works for you,

Scott
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

Did it quit giving you the error after you corrected the RSS settings?
jts203

Post by jts203 »

Yes, it quit giving the error after changing the settings and everything else works fine.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

I guess mine was messing up due to having that error along with an open emergency switch. I know now for next time. Thanks,
Scott
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Hey jts203!!!

I bought one of those too.

Can you get yours to do any conventional channels? I can't and it's driving me nuts!

mancow

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”