Motorola AVA/SVA Wiring info???

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jocko

Post by Jocko »

I know this has been probably asked many times but I cant seem to find all the info in one place. I am installing my Astro Saber AVA into my car and I am not sure about what each wire is for. Can some one please list the wire colors and what their functions are. Also could you please explain what the ignition and (back)light wires are for and how they should be hooked up. Thank you for your help.
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

If it is like the NTN5487B here is the information I have regarding Power Wiring Connections. Just went through all this with a unit purchased on e-bay with no documentation or harness...."Tom in DC" was most helpful too!

Facing the 4 pin Male Plug on the rear of the SVA here are the Pins left to right as follows:

Black = Vehicle Ground
(or "-" Power Connection)

Green = Headlight Sense
(dims the backlighting when
+12Vdc is applied...can be left
disconnected and the backlights
will always be full brightness.)

Yellow = Ignition Sense
(Turns on SVA and allows
charging to begin when +12.0 Vdc is
applied.)

Red = Vehicle Power
(+12.0 Vdc Power Connection)

If you get a chance...run the fuse size by me so I can put the proper fuse value inline of my fabricated power cable.

Thanks!

Eddie
N4UMJ
Matthews, NC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: N4UMJ on 2001-12-18 01:30 ]</font>
Jocko

Post by Jocko »

Thank you for the help. My cables had the following fuses installed in the holders.

Yellow Wire: 5 Amp
Red Wire: 15 Amp

I bought this unit used so I am not sure if they are the factory installed fuses. Good Luck.
hamradiooperator45
New User

Re: Motorola AVA/SVA Wiring info???

Post by hamradiooperator45 »

Here itis 2016 and I just started looking for the answer didn't find what I was looking for so add info to my web site to help new be like my self.http://www.w4wwj.org/mOTOROLA_ava.htm
hope that helps some one. 73 Jim W4WWJ

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”