MX300-S DVP KEYLOADER QUESTION

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

USGOVTECH

MX300-S DVP KEYLOADER QUESTION

Post by USGOVTECH »

We tried to use a DVP-XL Keyloader to load a key into the MX300-S and it just fails. I assume that this keyloader (T3014BX) will not load a key due to the fact that it is XL - however will load a DVP key into a saber. Does anyone know what KVL is needed to load DVP key into an MX300-s. I have a sneaking suspicion that the T3010AX will work. Thanks in advance.
Bens2

Keyloader

Post by Bens2 »

Programmer Model No. P1001BX Programs them. Not sure what other keyloaders can program them.I know because I have those radio's and keyloader.Cable # TKN8209C 9633L .
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

The mx series never did the -xl format. I have used that old kvl and what a POS. The 3014 from what I know will only load a dvp-xl module and not a standard dvp version. Are you sure the sabers are not dvp-xl?

Not sure if I helped though.

Mike
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

You need to use an older series keyloader, either the one that looks like a MX with the silver front or an AX series. You cannot use a XL keyloaded for MX's apparently the XL need to talk to the module before sending the key
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Post by Dan562 »

Here's a website packed with the older MX Case Style KVL information:

http://members.tripod.com/~publicphone/dvp.html
Zap
Batboard $upporter

Post by Zap »

He has a BX KVL, I've heard there are images of roms of ax, bx, cx, and dx for the different KVLs 'around', perhaps __IF__ he could find 3014_Ax rom, could he down grade and then it would work???
Would there be a serial rom that must be updated for the new Ax rom, or would it self-restore when a blank or corrupt eeprom is inserted, then powered up?
Perhaps he should open the KVL and post what the part # on the encryption hybrid is (and EPROM), perhaps it a dvp-XL hybrid.
Perhaps he needs to replace the hybrid too.
Need more info...
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I loaded my Mx's with an T3020AX, which is for sale for you are interested. $200 plus shipping from Nevada.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”