MSF5000 Controler

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lifesafe

Post by Lifesafe »

My controler main mother board popped a trace and I need a replacement. Anyone know where I can get one without paying thru the nose and are they still available at Motorola? TLN3189A47

thanks

~john~
ka9oyr

Post by ka9oyr »

You can still get the board from Motorola Accessories and Aftermarket Division - they're in stock and available (as of the time of this posting anyway) $1739.00 list price.
Will

Post by Will »

I may be able to repair your controller board, I am good at repairing the traces that burn up due to a power surge.
That is a lot of coins for a new board.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Good call Will,

If only the trace went a skilled person should be able to repair it. If the IC's burnt too, you might be in for the big bucks.

Chris
Will

Post by Will »

Most of the parts on the control board are not costly or too hard to find. I have a MSF5000 here that I can test the board in. I also have the logic test set for it.
Most of the time it is a trace assoiated with the power supply section on the board.
MOEtorola
What radios do you own?: APX7000, All XTS and XTL

Post by MOEtorola »

YEP those boards are expensive boards.
If you do find a way to repair the trace, and find a chip blown, check TRC board it may have the chip your looking for, that is if your not using a tone remote on your station. In the CLB models the TRC and main board contain the same processor and other watch dog timer ic's . Also if your station stays locked in the test mode, check the cap bye the DC converter. If this cap is blown, it will cause noise on the WDT tickle pulse,that cap is a prime suspect during voltage surges.
Will

Post by Will »

Moe, you are correct on the filter capacitor, I have changed LOTS of them. Still haven't heard back wether he wanted me to check it and see if it is repairable.
Moe, we junked ALL the Multi User modules and made a mux buss adapter to use the Zetron M38 pannels.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”