CDM series Mic ( AARMN4026A )

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PMan

Post by PMan »

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone had the pinout for a DTMF CDM Mic.
The CDM Mic's are not backward compatible with the older style GM300 SM120 type radios, I am able to get audio but no DTMF.
I was hoping to be able to rewire the mic so that I would get the DTMF as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Rick Panoulias
Will

Post by Will »

I think you have to have 8 or 9 volts from the radio on pin 1 for the DTMF encoder to work. Some desk mics used the voltage on pin 1 to run the preamp.
Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Will on 2001-09-05 04:56 ]</font>
PMan

Post by PMan »

Thanks Will,
The problem with the CDM Mic is it is has a 10 pin connector on it and the old Radius is 8 pin.

So I have to find out which wires I can do with out and put an 8 pin plug on the CDM Mic.

Rick
Will

Post by Will »

We are prety sure that two of the pins are used for programming the CDM, so that leaves eight.
When you figure out which wire colors and pin numbers, please let us know so Bat can post the information for others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Will on 2001-09-06 03:02 ]</font>
Rude Dog

Post by Rude Dog »

CDM Mic Pinout, per the manual;
1 A+
2 5V
3 HOOK
4 GROUND
5 MIC HI
6 PTT
7 BUS+
8 HANDSET AUDIO (RX)
9 ANALOG_INPUT_3
10 ANALOG_INPUT-2

The jack is wired odd. Looking at the jack with the tab down, it is wired left to right as follows;

9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-10

Enjoy
Alan

Post by Alan »

The CDM "DTMF" mic is not realy a DTMF mic it is a "keypad" mic.
The mic does not encode the DTMF tones. That is done inside the radio. It is a serial link from the mic to the radio.
You will not be able to use a CDM "keypad" mic on another radio (such as Maxtrac, Gm300) for DTMF operation.
Hope this helps, Alan

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”