SP50 scan question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

SP50 scan question

Post by kf4sqb »

Is it possible to "remove" channels from the scan list in a 10 channel SP50? I don't see anything in the RSS (version B03.00.00). Am I just overlooking something?
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

For SP50 programming..you have to use the thrre pound sledge ..always use the right tool for the job...

JK :lol: in the F2 (radio wide) scren..look at the bottom..F6 should get you into the scan list...just enable or disable as required

...Z
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

All I get at the bottom of the radio wide screen is f1 (help), f5 (print screen), and f10 (exit, of course). The only thing I find for scan is "scan hang time" and "scan talk back". On the mode screen, the only thing for scan is "busy channel lockout". Is it maybe model-specific? The radio is a model P93YQT20G2.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Any SP50 I've ever played with, the scanlist was all or nothing.

-M
MicorRT

Post by MicorRT »

There is no way that I know of of adding or removing channels in an SP50. It is all or nothing. One thing that you can do is program your opt button as a nuis / del then when it locks up on a channel that is annoying you can press and hold for 3 sec.s that opt button and that will remove that channel until you turn off the scan and or the radio. One thing that I used to do to make "scan lists" were to configure lower priority channels with an incorrect RX PL and my high priority channels with the correct RX PL then to scan all I put the radio in MON mode and to scan just my select few I would take the radio out of MON mode. I hope this helps.
MicorRT

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”