mts 2000 I

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

imad

Post by imad »

i have a mts 2000 when switch on anything does nt appear on screnn ,i try to read or clone it the rss message :new code plug for this application ,the radio communicat with rss via rib ...can someone help me to setup this radio
mike38015
Batboard $upporter

Post by mike38015 »

The one time I saw a similar message the radio had been INHIBITED by the system to which it was programmed to. If I understand correcttly, the radio has to be UNIHIBITED by the system administrator or go to Motorola to be restored.

If not, maybe Monty can shed some light on the subject.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It certainly sounds like it's been inhibited. Were you using it on a system without authorization? If so, that's likely what happened. It sounds like you can communicate with the radio, you just don't have the proper version RSS, as it gives you the "Codeplug too neww" error. Apparently, if it's been programmed with the latest RSS (6.05.00), then it can't be revived with a regular read/write operation. I don't know if LAB RSS could be used with a packed archive to revive it or not, but probably. Any earlier version should be ok. Or if it was an accidental inhibit, the system administrator can uninhibit the radio.

Todd

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wavetar on 2002-01-21 15:27 ]</font>
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

An INHIBITED radio can be restored by reading it and reprogramming it, that simple, souds as though his display may be bad or maybe the flex for the front is possibly bad, I would look at either of those before I shipped it back to Mother M.
SG
xmo

Post by xmo »

If a radio has been inhibited, it will still go through self test when it is first powered on, then it goes blank and won't respond to any buttons or controls. Look at it as you turn it on and see if there is a brief "SELF TEST" message flashed on the display. If that doesn't happen - SG is probably right about their being a hardware problem.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”